Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday of the Fourth Week of Easter

Whenever I read about the disciples and their interactions with Jesus I often think, "Why would they say that? Didn't they understand?" But I am sure that Jesus thinks that about me on a daily basis! He must be saying, "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Carla.? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?"

I like to think of each day as a journey. We start the day by spending some quiet time with Jesus, so we can start the day hand-in-hand, looking out at all the beauty and adventure that lay ahead. Each step is a decision, a choice. Do we cling to Christ's hand seeking his way for us and trusting him with our lives, or do we forge off on our own thinking that we know where we want to go? I know too often I get caught up in my own agenda and to-do-list and go my own way. That's where I find frustration, discontent, greed, shallowness, and selfishness.

Thankfully, something during my day will usually make me pause...a thought of Jesus, a song on the radio, the smile of a loved one, the breathtaking beauty of nature. These reminders of Christ's love stop me in my tracks and remind me of where I should be. All it takes is a whisper of his name, and we are hand-in-hand again safe with our Lord for He never left us, we just let go of his waiting hand.

Brothers and sisters, let's walk this day, hand-in-hand with our Lord. Let's believe in Him and do His works as he calls us to do. Each day I pray for four things...Joy, Peace, Trust, and Thanksgiving. I pray that you will trust the Lord this day and thank Him for his many blessing, and He would bring you a day full of Joy and Peace in His presence!! May God Bless you and your families!

Carla Lynch

No comments:

Post a Comment