Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fifth Sunday of Easter

As I have loved you, so you also should love one another.

This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

My question is this, Have we loved one another as he has loved us? It was one of the last things he asked us to do, yet have we done it? Not to love one another in the easy way, but the way he loves us. The go for broke, no holds barred, leave nothing behind kind of love. Think about how much he loves you, and what he has done for you. What he’s willing to do for you. Think about how deep and wide that love is, and ask yourself if you have been able to follow his commandment. Do you, like Mother Teresa, see the face of Jesus in everyone you see? I know that I fall short, but the good news is that I get to keep trying, and when I fail, which I inevitably will do, he will be there to pick me up, and brush me off, and show me once again how much he loves me. Maybe someday I’ll get there, maybe someday we all will, but the important thing to remember is that he’ll be waiting for us however long it takes.

Carol Dellatore

No comments:

Post a Comment