Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wednesday of the Seventh Week of Easter

In the first reading Acts 20:28-38, Paul is relaying the words that since he has been there for them he has given his whole self to help them and that now he expects them to do the same for others. The line in the reading, “It is more blessed to give than to receive” sums it up very well. We should all work to give more of ourselves, because as we all know it is in giving that we receive.

In the Gospel, Jesus was asking God to give the disciples strength as God had given him and to protect them from all of the evil in the world. This ties in with what Paul was warning about in the first reading. It made me feel as though I'm never alone and that God will always be there to help me when I need him, even if he is not here on earth with me.

Erica Lorenzon

No comments:

Post a Comment