Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday of the Third Week of Easter

As a person semi-new to the church I lack a lot of knowledge about the catholic religion. After finishing today’s reading I was even more fascinated with the Lord’s might. Able to heal, cure, and even revive human beings reminded me of the endless power of our eternal God. Looking at this passage over and over again made me reminisce past experiences that led me to officially become one with the Lord. Once reading the part about Tabitha, an archetype of a true follower, that fell very ill, passed away and later was revitalized by Peter, I was stunned by the astonishing miracles and abilities our Lord performs. Nowadays we don’t have Jesus’ disciples walking around prospering others, like Peter did throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria, but in my perspective I believe that we (doctors, scientists, police officers, and just all and every common person) replaced those deceased and we now survive by helping each other out. Jesus sacrificed himself for the survival of our race and I with every fiber of my existence feel that with faith, the practice of good deeds and almsgiving we will have a reserved spot in the kingdom of heaven.

Jose Villeda

No comments:

Post a Comment